Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hlines_usacs
Creator II
Creator II

Default Selection from Filter Pane when App is Opened

Hello,

When I open an app, I would like there to be a selection already made before I click on anything else. Is there a way to make this automatically select a value from the filter pane "Reporting Month" field?

Default Selection.jpg

20 Replies
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can easily achieve this using a data modelling technique:

Create a flag e.g. IsLatestMonth which will be always 1 for the newest month. This will be created dynamically in the script. Then you save the selection for "1" in that field.

hlines_usacs
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I tried and test this approach.

I added a field to my date dimension which set the "Reporting Most Recent Month" field = 1 for the most recent month.

date.jpgmost recent month.jpg

I made the selection.

selection.jpg

I opened another window, leaving this window with the selection applied. Using the second window, I reloaded the app. I then closed all windows, but the selection did not stay selected.

selection after reload.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

When we tried this approach, we lost the numbers in a Pivot table on our sheets. I am not sure why as this must be a glitch.

I just wanted to post for a heads up.

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hannah,

Actually, I have the same problem. I finally, found the solution with an extension. "Climber selection bar". It works very well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hannah

I found the “Default Selection” extension works quite well and have offered some tricks on how to get it to work here...

How to set default values for filters or How to set Default bookmark?

Kindly mark this question as answered if it has been.

YIC

Neil

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Hannah,

Also check out Vizlib's latest Filter extension which supports the ability implement default selections now:

http://www.vizlib.com/filter

Best,

Martin

vmuppala
Contributor II
Contributor II

Worked perfectly. Thanks

imsushantjain
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I am struck with the same problem.

We want a default selection (simple filter or dynamic filter) that can be changed by end user, not set analysis.

The way we had had in QlikView, very basic requirement ( user perspective) !

mtoThanks for the relentless effort to find a workaround, but please can you include Default Selection as priority feature and try to deliver whenever Qlik has the bandwidth.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sushant - I believe the Sept 2018 -  might help. There is a feature to set a default bookmark to the app - that way when the app is opened - it will open to the default selected value.

New Advanced Authoring features in Qlik Sense September 2018

czo‌ - will this help Sushant?

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Caique_Zaniolo
Employee
Employee

Hi, yes. It seems that Default Bookmarks is a good feature to perform this task.

Your bookmark does not need to be static. You can have an expression save on the bookmark, which will allow a dynamic selection to be applied.

Check out this great video showing how to do it.

Qlik Sense Dynamic Default Bookmark Selection On Open - YouTube