Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
svinnakota
Creator
Creator

Default Selection in Qlik Sense

Hi All,

I want to make a default selection in the Qlik Sense app.

For example, I am having a year filter with years with 2007,2008,2010. When i open the app I want to see the 2010 year as the default selection and the respective data in the other sheets.

I tried saving the app after doing the selection, however when i refresh the app the selection is not visible and it is going to its default stage.

Can some one please tell how to do it.

Thanks,

Santosh

30 Replies
viveksingh
Creator III
Creator III

You can achieve this with the help of Extension.

OmarBenSalem

Hi Santosh,

There is an extension that can do that ; Styled List:

GitHub - countnazgul/Qlik-Sense-Styled-Lists-Extension

Example of use:

Field timeframe containing  3 values. I want to have 'annuel' selected by default when I open the app

Capture.PNG

Result: when I open the sheet :

I find it selected:

Capture.PNG

Omar,

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Santosh,

As variant, you can create bookmarks with the required selections and then in the charts include these bookmarks in Set Analisys expressions.

Regards,

Andrey

viveksingh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Santosh,

This extension is not working fine.

can you please post screen shot.

can you check it once?

one more this is I want to write an expression for default selection.

svinnakota
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Vivek,

Can you please explain where the extension is not working properly. What is the expression you want to write for the default selection?

I have used the if condition in the expression. If(Empid=1,Empid) and click on done and selected the button/checkbox and then refreshed the app. It works as expected sometimes.

please post an example which you have worked on and what is the error are you getting. Please tell us the problem which you have faced now.

Thanks,

Santosh

svinnakota
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Omar,

Thanks for the Extension link. This extension behaviour seems to be inconsistent. For the first time i used the extension it is working as expected(default selection is happening) however after refreshing the app for couple of times the selection is not happening by default. After sometime again it is working as expected. If you have used the extension can you please tell me where am i doing wrong.

And I forgot to mention earlier, after using the extension and reloading the app for couple of times i am getting some "Internal Engine Error".

Did you get that type of error while using this extension.

Thanks,

Santosh

OmarBenSalem

What I would do, is using another extension: (you'll find it attached)

This one is really stable and offer good options (I'm always using it):

To resume what I do,

I create buttons in each sheet (for navigation);

each button will be used as a navigation button to open a new sheet + setting up an action (in your/my case, applying bookmarks):

Here's a scenario:

Create an Introduction sheet (which contains introductions, KPIs etc..) and buttons to each sheet :

The button:

Navigation behaviour: go to specific sheet

action: apply bookmark (your bookmark would be the year you want to select)

Capture.PNG

This way, when you open your dashboard, you'll first open your introduction page, then click on a button to go to another sheet:

It will transfer you to the desired sheet and apply your bookmark (select the year)

Example: I click on rapport: it will tranfer me to the report sheet and apply bookmark(see the filter pane)

Capture.PNG

Try it, you'll like it ;

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

But this will then fix the selections to one state only and the user would lose the interactivity.