Skip to main content

New to Qlik Sense

If you’re new to Qlik Sense, start with this Discussion Board and get up-to-speed quickly.

Announcements
Welcome to Qlik Community! Check out our new navigation! FIND OUT MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustinDallas
Specialist II
Specialist II

Default Selections Not Sticking

Hello Folks,

I have a user that is reporting that the default selections in a filter pane are being removed.  I know for a fact that we don't have any sheet actions doing this, but I'm open to the idea that another action might be messing up

How do I debug this scenario?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JustinDallas
Specialist II
Specialist II
Author

Hello Jan,

 

The issue was that we made some changes to the data model, and ended up removing some fields.  Some of the sheet actions referenced this deleted field, and I guess Qlik just choked and didn't continue to process the other actions. 

Once I went through every sheet and made sure the missing fields weren't being referenced everything panned out.  Thanks for reaching out.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JanJorissen
Support
Support

Hi Justin

Is there any section access involved here?
Is this happening only with a single user?

You can impersonate the user and make sure that this is not being caused by something cached in the browser or some browser functionality. Hence, it would be good to test an alternative browser. Also, you can try to use Incognito mode.

It would be good to determine here is what other actions, if any,  could be overriding the default selection in the filter, or is being used in parallel
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Sheets/setting-sheet-ac....

It could be a bookmark or clear selections

 

 

JustinDallas
Specialist II
Specialist II
Author

Hello Jan,

 

The issue was that we made some changes to the data model, and ended up removing some fields.  Some of the sheet actions referenced this deleted field, and I guess Qlik just choked and didn't continue to process the other actions. 

Once I went through every sheet and made sure the missing fields weren't being referenced everything panned out.  Thanks for reaching out.