Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JTSmall
Contributor II
Contributor II

Default bookmarks only work the first time you log in...

Hey guys, new user here.

My team and I are coming over to Qlik from Microstrategy and our users are used to story-board style dashboards with a homepage (summary), middle (detail), and an end (resources).  To that end, we're designing our Qlik Sense apps, similarly, so that the transition on the user side is as seamless as possible. To get the homepage feel and avoid dropping our users in the sheets hub, we are making use of default bookmarks and button-based navigation. 

Unfortunately, default bookmarks only seem to work the first time you log into Qlik Sense, in a new browser session. If you navigate away from the app and then decide to come back to it, in the same browser session, the default bookmark will not apply the second time. 

I noticed a post about this topic from several years ago that hasn't been updated in a while.
Apologies for the duplicate topic but I'm really hoping someone has found a work-around for this.

To be clear, the requirement is that the user should land on the default sheet, with the default filters applied, every time the app is opened.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

It could be an issue that you have reached your session counts when opening and closing a browser. Please review the following articles:

1.https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-Sense-Default-bookmark-Second-open-will-not-keep-the-sh...

2. https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-Sense-Service-account-quot-You-cannot-access-Qlik-Sense...

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How are you opening the app? From the Hub page or a direct link?

-Rob

JTSmall
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

We're still piloting our apps but our initial impression is to link our users to the environment "Hub" and have them select the app they're looking for.  I typically use my favorites hub. Never direct link.