Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
er77
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Default "Main" Script

Hi,

I have a Qlik Sense installation on my company and when we create a new App, default Main script and all settings are following en-US parameters.

I want to change the default for any new app created to a different parameters (ex: comma for decimal separator...).

How is possible do it?

I already changed regional setting on Windows server side but nothing!

Thanks.

6 Replies
juan_patrick
Creator
Creator

Hi Enzo!

A good practice is to create a config file with all the things you want to have the qvf's, and when you create a new app the only thing you have to do is put an include line like this:

$(Must_Include='lib://qliksense/CFG\myConfig.qvs');

The qvs extension open with a txt and when you have to change something, you only do a modification to this file.

er77
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Juan.

so you are suggesting to remove following default settings and add just line you suggested?

The problem is that I'm looking for a simple solution for my final users; woudl be great if I can found how change default regional settings for that.

SET ThousandSep=',';

SET DecimalSep='.';

SET MoneyThousandSep=',';

SET MoneyDecimalSep='.';

SET MoneyFormat='$#,##0.00;-$#,##0.00';

SET TimeFormat='h:mm:ss TT';

SET DateFormat='M/D/YYYY';

SET TimestampFormat='M/D/YYYY h:mm:ss[.fff] TT';

SET FirstWeekDay=6;

SET BrokenWeeks=1;

SET ReferenceDay=0;

SET FirstMonthOfYear=1;

SET CollationLocale='en-US';

SET CreateSearchIndexOnReload=1;

SET MonthNames='Jan;Feb;Mar;Apr;May;Jun;Jul;Aug;Sep;Oct;Nov;Dec';

SET LongMonthNames='January;February;March;April;May;June;July;August;September;October;November;December';

SET DayNames='Mon;Tue;Wed;Thu;Fri;Sat;Sun';

SET LongDayNames='Monday;Tuesday;Wednesday;Thursday;Friday;Saturday;Sunday';

juan_patrick
Creator
Creator

I know that qliksense read from windows the settings and, so far I know, not exists a setting in the qmc to change the default script values, so, the include statement is the best option.

You can create an app template so the users, instead of creat a new app, duplicate the "template" that have the include statement.

er77
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I was sure also that Qlik read settings from Windows and then I tried to change it; but also if I changed all settings there, nothing is changed on defualt script.

juan_patrick
Creator
Creator

Did you try restarting the services?

er77
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

to be sure, also Windows OS