Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Define X Axis Min/Max on continuous scale Line Chart

Hello everyone,

I am very to new to QLIK Sense so bare with me

I have a line chart that display a CDF function for a set of values. Y axis is from 0 to 1 (0 to 100%) and I can see that this is configurable.

But the X axis is not configurable under Appearances and I would like it to start at 0 and end with a value of my choice. My dimension is a calculated one and obviously the X Axis will start with the lowest value and ends with the highest value from the data set. My calculated dimension looks like:

=if(Duration]='No' AND [Direction]='Down' AND [TestModule]='ABC' AND [Status]='Successful', Class([BlaBla]],1))

Any way to achieve this? I was reading around and could only find how to limit the max value so far.

Thanks

Daniel

7 Replies
william_fu
Creator II
Creator II

Without looking at your data/expressions, i'd say you have two options:

- add a calculation condition (under add-ons > data handling)

- edit your line chart expression to account for your desired conditions with set analysis

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Daniel,

can you create your intervals in script as a dimension table? Then you could use this as a dimension and by including zero values you should achieve what you want.

Juraj

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Juraj,

You solution will not work because my Dimension has to be more or less based on the same data-set as used in the Measure calculation. The X Axis will indeed change but so does also the data that is being represented which is not what I want.

Thanks anyway. Cheers, Daniel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks William. I will give it a go, but for now I have not used the Data Handling Add-on and I have no clue how it works

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi William

Maybe I did not get it yet, but also using a calculation under data handling will not work, because this option is from my understanding for filtering out big data-sets, which means will even more constrain my selection. Which again is not what I want.

Cheers, Daniel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So far it seems that the only way I can achieve this is by adding fake data in the column that it is used to create the CDF function. I gave it a go and it worked. One should be carefull to give it a few attributes so that it can be left out from the calculation, but it can be added to the Dimension (X-Axis).

Not the nicest way, but it does the job for now.

Weird that QLIK Sense does not let you configure such a simple and basic parameter.

Ibrahim
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,
Any update on achieving this with the new version/release?