Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neerajthakur
Creator III
Creator III

Defining Security Rules, Custom Properties etc. in QMC

Hi,

I have to restrict users based on their Custom Values created in Custom Properties i.e. restrict both stream and app which an user can see.

Pls see this for easy understanding of the problem.

Users 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Department                
D1   X             X
D2   X     X        
D3   X           X X
D4   X       X      
D5   X         X    

Here X marks the option to be enabled. 

I have created a Custom Properties named Department and Values as D1,....,D5

I have many users and one stream having different apps, now I want User 1 to be able to view all Apps, User 2 and 3 None, User 4 only app for his Department D2, User 8 to view D1 and D3 and so on.

In Apps Custom Properties option is not enabled i.e. not able to fill anything there.

Please guide me on how I can achieve it by writing one single security rule for all users.

P.S. ---->>

I have disabled Stream from security rules and able to restrict one app and stream only for one user.

Qlik Sense Business 

Thanks & Regards,
Please Accepts as Solution if it solves your query.
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

Hi Xlitzdrama,

I'm glad you saw that this new rules is going to need to replace the Stream rule from the default rules that Qlik Sense comes with.

You are going to need to start by copying that and add a new condition, basically that (user.department = stream.department) and (app.department = user.department).

Decoupling app visibility from stream visibility does break some basic assumptions, and will likely make managing your system a bit more difficult in the future.

In general I would suggest focus on limiting access on only the stream level, even if this increases the number of streams you need to make available.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

Hi Xlitzdrama,

I'm glad you saw that this new rules is going to need to replace the Stream rule from the default rules that Qlik Sense comes with.

You are going to need to start by copying that and add a new condition, basically that (user.department = stream.department) and (app.department = user.department).

Decoupling app visibility from stream visibility does break some basic assumptions, and will likely make managing your system a bit more difficult in the future.

In general I would suggest focus on limiting access on only the stream level, even if this increases the number of streams you need to make available.