Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcrincon
Contributor II
Contributor II

Delete a QVD file stored at DataFiles

Hello everyone, please help!!.

I'm using incremental loading in my Qlik Sense App. To keep data, I'm using STORE function with lib://DataFiles/ path. It works perfectly as I suppose to. 

Now, I made add a new field to my incremental loading script and I need to delete my DataFiles/*.qvd, to create a new one. 

Where is the "DataFiles" folder located at my QlikSense server? 

The QlikSense folder was installed by a provider that is not working with us.

Regards,

Juan C. Rincon B, Demand Planner at Centro Medico Imbanaco de Cali
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimvB
Creator II
Creator II

Navigate to: QMC > Data connections and open  the connection that is called “DataFiles”. On this page you can view the library path where the QVDs are stored on the server using the DataFiles connection. 

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TimvB
Creator II
Creator II

Navigate to: QMC > Data connections and open  the connection that is called “DataFiles”. On this page you can view the library path where the QVDs are stored on the server using the DataFiles connection. 

Hope it helps!

jcrincon
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Dear TimvB, thank you for help. I found the path. But now, I need to modify it because it's referring to c:\users\<my user>\Documents. 

If I decided to change this Data Connection to a new folder path, my server could crash? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Juan C. Rincon B, Demand Planner at Centro Medico Imbanaco de Cali
TimvB
Creator II
Creator II

I do not see any reason why your server would crash if you change the path of the data connection.

The only thing that could go wrong is that scripts of some apps still reference to the old absolute working directory of your old data connection. This could result in the script not finding the QVDs. If you are using working directories it will be fine.

You can find more about directories here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/ScriptRegu...