Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YG
Contributor III
Contributor III

Deleted Auto generated section but NOT regenrating anymore

Hi,

I am very new to Qlik sense I had a issue adding new variables due to Auto generation section as there was multiple. To stop the issue I unlocked the auto generated  part and deleted them all Auto generated sections and then Load data again. However, Now auto generation part no longer appears and data loads fine. 

Due to that all my charts that use =[Opened.autoCalendar.Month] , =[Opened.autoCalendar.Date] no longer is vaild.

What have I done so far,

1. Close all and restart and run (Runs no errors but no auto generation section)

2. Duplicated the app and ran (Same as above)

3. Recreated a App and copy and paste all codes  but getting this error "The following error occurred: No qualified path for file: ***"

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi @YG ,

When you add data via the Data Manager, Qlik Sense generates script for you in a section of the data load script called "Auto generated Section". The auto generated script includes code to create date dimension type fields when the data manager detects what it believes to be a date field, or you tell it that a certain field is a date field.

I take it then that due to some issue you decided to remove the auto-generated script section and manually add your data via the data load editor. When you removed the auto-generated sections they were deleted for good, and hence you lost the autoCalendar.Month and .Date fields. Those fields were derived from a date field that you have named "Opened". You could manually recreate these fields in the load script you have subsequently created and successfully run. The Month field you can generate with a statement like this for example:

Month(Opened) as Opened.autoCalendar.Month

Reloading, closing and reopening your app, duplicating it etc won't recreate the auto-generated script section. The only way you can recreate it is to go through the process of adding the data via the Data manager again, or by painstakingly recreating what the auto-generation process does (not something I'd suggest given you state you are new to Qlik and it really would be quicker and simpler to just use the data manager).

The last error you mention after recreating the app and copying and pasting all codes typically occurs when you don't have a proper connection statement, so check that all of the "Lib" statements you have that point to the data connections that provide access to your data are still correct. It sounds as though you may have simply made a copy and paste error.

I hope that explanation helps you out, if you still have a specific problem the community can help with let us know.

Cheers,

Rod

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi @YG ,

When you add data via the Data Manager, Qlik Sense generates script for you in a section of the data load script called "Auto generated Section". The auto generated script includes code to create date dimension type fields when the data manager detects what it believes to be a date field, or you tell it that a certain field is a date field.

I take it then that due to some issue you decided to remove the auto-generated script section and manually add your data via the data load editor. When you removed the auto-generated sections they were deleted for good, and hence you lost the autoCalendar.Month and .Date fields. Those fields were derived from a date field that you have named "Opened". You could manually recreate these fields in the load script you have subsequently created and successfully run. The Month field you can generate with a statement like this for example:

Month(Opened) as Opened.autoCalendar.Month

Reloading, closing and reopening your app, duplicating it etc won't recreate the auto-generated script section. The only way you can recreate it is to go through the process of adding the data via the Data manager again, or by painstakingly recreating what the auto-generation process does (not something I'd suggest given you state you are new to Qlik and it really would be quicker and simpler to just use the data manager).

The last error you mention after recreating the app and copying and pasting all codes typically occurs when you don't have a proper connection statement, so check that all of the "Lib" statements you have that point to the data connections that provide access to your data are still correct. It sounds as though you may have simply made a copy and paste error.

I hope that explanation helps you out, if you still have a specific problem the community can help with let us know.

Cheers,

Rod

YG
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for that. It makes sense now