Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clarcombe
Contributor III
Contributor III

Delivering latest versions of apps without rescheduling

Hello

I currently have 5 apps which are all identical except for the selection criteria in the database. For various reasons, we have to keep 5 separate apps.

I have a master app which I make a change to, then I copy to the 5 apps and make changes each time e.g. select * from table where id = '010'  or '020' etc, depending on the app.

Additionally, I have to remove the old app from the 5 separate streams and post the new ones.

This, of course, means that I have to reschedule them to as they all depend on an extractor app to load the QVD.

Question

Is there any way that I can replace the previous versions of the apps without having to reschedule them again ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

You're right, I usually publish apps using qmc and there is the option to replace, can you try to publish using qmc?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, you don't need to remove the old apps, just publish the new app and chek the option to replace, slect the stream and app you want to replace and this will keep the schedule.

clarcombe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I don't ever see the option to replace. All I get is 'You'll have two apps called this'

There is no replace option in the Hub.

NoReplace.JPG

rubenmarin

You're right, I usually publish apps using qmc and there is the option to replace, can you try to publish using qmc?

clarcombe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ah, I was unaware that I could publish using QMC. This is a much better method. Thanks