Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CP1
Contributor
Contributor

Derived Field - What does "Groups" do?

I am trying to understand the sample script in the "Derived fields" (Link).

Calendar:
DECLARE FIELD DEFINITION TAGGED '$date'
   Parameters
      first_month_of_year = 1
   Fields
      Year($1) As Year Tagged ('$numeric'),
      Month($1) as Month Tagged ('$numeric'),
      Date($1) as Date Tagged ('$date'),
      Week($1) as Week Tagged ('$numeric'),
      Weekday($1) as Weekday Tagged ('$numeric'),
      DayNumberOfYear($1, first_month_of_year) as DayNumberOfYear Tagged ('$numeric')
   Groups 
      Year, Week, Weekday type drilldown as YearWeekDayName, 
      Year, Month, Date type collection as YearMonthDate;

Could not find any document that explain what the "Groups" does.

I am looking at doing drilldown with the date field, so I want to understand the code on the "Groups" as "YearWeekDayName" seems to type as a drilldown.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ralf-Narfeldt
Employee
Employee

Groups are currently not supported when declaring field definitions, as is seen in the syntax of the Declare help topic.
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/ScriptRegularS...

The inclusion of groups in the example is a mistake that we will correct in the next update of the help.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and apologies for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ralf-Narfeldt
Employee
Employee

Groups are currently not supported when declaring field definitions, as is seen in the syntax of the Declare help topic.
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/ScriptRegularS...

The inclusion of groups in the example is a mistake that we will correct in the next update of the help.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and apologies for the inconvenience.