Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

danielrogra
New Contributor III

Diff Date depending on other table

Hi all. First of all thank you for your time.

There is an issue I can not solve, but I'm sure there is something I'm missing.

Let's say I have two different tables in qlik:

IDDateADateB
IDType

In my script I want to calculate the difference between DateA and Date B in months and then create some buckets, but depending on the type. I think there are several ways to achieve this:

• Create a mapping table to get the type in the first table. Problem? There is no function to calculate the number of months between two dates (Am I right?)
  • Calculate the type in the Script on the first table but in this case I lose the flexibility of having the second table in an Excel and whenever I want to change it I just have to change the excel and everything changes.

The last way that comes to my mind is to calculate the number of months between both dates in a variable inside the APP,  but there is no function to calculate the number of months between two dates

Is there a way to achieve this?

thanks you for your time.

Regards

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Diff Date depending on other table

• There is no function to calculate the number of months between two dates (Am I right?)

May be not a direct function, but you can use this

How Do I Get the Number of Months Between Two Dates?

2 Replies

• There is no function to calculate the number of months between two dates (Am I right?)

May be not a direct function, but you can use this

How Do I Get the Number of Months Between Two Dates?

danielrogra
New Contributor III

Thank you Sunny, that's great.

It's a pity that there is no such as built-in function for that, but that's a great workaround

Thanks you very much

Community Browser