Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II

Dimension Label in Line chart in Qlik Sense doesn't calculate per expression

Hi,

I am using the Nov 2017 version of Qlik Sense which offers the ability to calculate the "Label" of a dimension using an expression (fx). I am using the same expression as the "Title" and it works (1) fine but when I make selections but it doesn't work as the Legend Title (2). Please look at the screenshot attached.

I even put the expression in a filter pane and it works based on the selections.

Please help!

Thanks,

Deepti

3 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

Can you share more information?  Like the actual expression you are using.  Anything else that might be pertinent.

Thanks

deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Mark,

The expression in the label is ='[$(=_Options)]' . Options is a filed created through an inline table containing values such as "CMOP" as shown in the picture. When I put the expression ='[$(=_Options)]' in a filter pane and select a value such as "CMOP", the label changes in the filter accordingly. But when I use the same expression in the label of the dimension, it doesn't.

Also as mentioned before, the same expression works in the Title of the line chart.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Digvijay_Singh

The legend title just uses the text written in the dimension field label, doesn't calcaluate it like it does for title. I also had tried once in the past and realize it is designed in this way.

mto do you think we can have calculated dimension label expressions in the legend title. As of now when I put formula in dimension label, it doesn't show label at all and starts showing expression text.

Capture.PNG