cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Dimension Limitation Question

I have a bar chart with 4 metrics.  I want to set a limitation to the Top 10.

This issue is that I want the Top 10 to be based on the total record count which is not one of the 4 metrics.  The limitation defaults to be based on the first of the four metrics.  I can add the total as a metric but then it messes up my chart.

Is there a way around this.

3 Replies
Nicole-Smith

If you don't want to use the built-in limitation, you'll need to write something using Rank() and potentially Aggr() (depending on if you want to do it on your dimension or measure).

Rank() documentation: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/RankingF...

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

It's not that I don't want to use the internal limitation setup.  The issue is that it will only use the first of the 4 metrics.  I can change the order of the metrics to use a different one.  But what I really want is the limitation based on the total of all records which is not a metric in this chart.  So I can't set the limitation to be based on the total.

Leovalente
Contributor II
Contributor II

Same problem here. Quite simple and working as a charm in QV, but driving me crazy in Sense.
We made the switch 3 months ago and I find every single new task a headache when i try to repeat view projects in sense.