cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dimension Limitation in Qliksense Bar Chart

Hi All

I am setting the Dimension limit to 10 in the Bar chart and on clicking the 'Other' I want to display the remaining Dimensional values as well in the same chart only.

Is there any way I can do that in Qliksense?

22 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

would you be able to add more details here ? like the expected output via an image for example

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please find the sample image.

So, as you can see when I am clicking on the Others it only shows 2 values (China and Italy) in the chart which I think is due to the Limitation I set.

Is it possible to display all those other values also irrespective of the limitation?

Capture.PNG

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

you mean, you need to display also France and Oland bars ?

also, can you show us the expression used here ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I want to display those as well.

The expression is:

Sum(Quantity)

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

on what basis do you limit the display of this dimension?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have put the limitation to Top 3 in the State dimension.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please find the reference image.

Capture1.PNG

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Ok I see, so with that option (top) enabled, you can't reach the exptected output,

Try this:

1.     disable that option

2.     use this expression:

=if(GetSelectedCount(State)=0, if(rank(Sum(Quantity),4)<=3, Sum(Quantity)), Sum({1}Quantity))

ErikWetterberg

You are right, that's how it works. When you click others, it selects all values except the two top values, so you will see number 3 and 4 with the rest under the Others category.

I'm afraid this is how it works in Qlik Sense, What you could do is add the same dimension as 'Alternate Dimension' without the limitation. That way users can easily switch to the complete set of values.

Erik Wetterberg