Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dimensions - Grouping

i follow the video tutorial for Dimensions - Groupinghttp://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2017/Content/Videos/Videos-dimensions-grouping.htm

all go ok until i insert over 100 then i get an error "error in expression too complex more 100 level nesting", i have over 750 groups any idea how to accomplish that

thanks in advance

27 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

error in expression

sunny_talwar

Missed a comma... try now

Pick(WildMatch(Name, '*Bicycle messenger*', '*Bill collector*', '*Biologist*', '*Boilermaker*', '*Bookbinder*') + 1, 'Other', 'Bicycle messenger', 'Bill collector', 'Biologist', 'Boilermaker', 'Bookbinder')

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

U D Best!!! Working Fine!

sunny_talwar

Great, I am glad it worked... please close this thread by marking correct and helpful responses (if any)

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny Thanks so much for your professional help and fast result

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

the expression also have limit to 200 record

sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

we try to wildmatch before, when i try to insert over 200 record in expression i get error for limit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i also realize that result is not 100% ,for example: if one of the group in expression is "Art"  and if "Name" field have the word "Smart" iy group it in "art " it is away to minimize that

sunny_talwar

You are not very clear... would you be able to share a sample where we can see the issues that you are mentioning above?