cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dimensions are showing empty for map object in qlik sense

Hi every one,

can any one suggest me regarding dimensions showing null when taking map object from chart objects.sense maps.jpg

please suggest me where i am doing wrong?

hicloveisfailstalwar1swuehlrwunderlichfilip_duchateau

4 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Perhaps you don't have an geo dimensions in your model.  have you loaded a kml file to nap your area or included longitude latitude data for point maps?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi andy,

What is KML file and can we do with State Name and City Name . Because we don't have latitude and longitude.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Have a look at the getting started with maps videos on the community site.  it will give you a better understanding of what you need to make maps work.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

From that Charts, You can't use existing fields from the model Because, We are calculating map from different pointers. From help you may get more clarification what does the use of Map and where KML / Excel involved

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.2/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Visualizations/Map/map.htm

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful