Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bilionut
Contributor III
Contributor III

Disable creating log file for app reload in Qlik Server

Hello everyone,

At each app reload, Qlik Server creates a log file in C: / ProgramData / Qlik / Sense / Log / Script

There is a possibility to stop creating these log files?

8 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

AFAIK, this option not available in current version, may be they might include in feature version.

for now you can try to re-start services/reboot the server this historical log might be cleared, if still not working create a windows batch file to auto archive/remove log file from server.

Regards,

Deva

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm curious, why do you want to suppress these logfiles?

-Rob

bilionut
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

For security reasons, the app script is encrypted, but in the script log file the script appears unscrambled.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

are you saying the qlik sense script is encrypted ?

are you sure ? and how ?

bilionut
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

there is the possibility to upload an encrypted script but I am not the author of this method and I do not think I can publish it

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

My assumption is that you are referring to a script that encrypts the actual data loaded into Qlik Sense. The script it self can not be encrypted, as it resides inside the app file which is not encrypted by Qlik Sense.

The script log only shows the actual script execution, it does not expose the data being processed. This means that disabling logging does not secure your script nor your data.

If you want to secure your environment you have to encrypt the drive where your files are stored, including the log and archived log locations. Keep in mind that log files can only be read by users with access to the storage location, so your OS level security also plays a significant role in ensuring security.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Toni,

It's possible to inject the script via API and never store the script in the app.  If someone was doing this for security or IP protection reasons, I could understand their concern about the script being in the logs.

-Rob

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

For sure, there are a lot of possibilities. My main point is that the security focus should be a bit broader.