Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Disabling of filter for a a chart in qliksense

Hello,

I am trying to disable a filter in Qliksense.

I know in qlikview it is easy, we can just right click and detach the respective chart.

Is there is something similar in Qliksense, as I am not able to find it.

Also, I have 4 filters in my qliksense app, is there is a possibility that I can use only 3 of them for one chart and all 4 for the remaining items in the app?

Thank you for you help.

Best Regards,

Vipin Saroha

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vipin,

If you want to ignore a filter in Qlik Sense then you could try using set analysis in your expression.

As an example, if you want to ignore selections for the dimension called Year in a sum function for a measure called quantity then the function would be Sum({$<Year=>}Quantity).

Hope this helps.

Rod

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vipin,

If you want to ignore a filter in Qlik Sense then you could try using set analysis in your expression.

As an example, if you want to ignore selections for the dimension called Year in a sum function for a measure called quantity then the function would be Sum({$<Year=>}Quantity).

Hope this helps.

Rod

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Vipin,

Rod's suggestion is the correct one - as there isn't a disable interactive capability yet for the chart object. I have requested this feature for the out of the box charts - because it DOES exist in Qlik Sense Developer hub:

But that is for taking your Qlik Sense content out of the default environment and using it in web applications and mash-ups etc.

If you are new to Set Analysis - you can see examples of this here: A Beginners' Introduction to Set Analysis (video)

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Rod for this, your suggestion helped me with what I needed.

ken4runner
Creator
Creator

this suggestion will not help for disabling dimensions. 

Spartan27215
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I tried this and it did not work. I have a table that uses a set expression to PIn the Measure results to 2021 which works fine. The chart has in it a dimension (CondDesc) that will give me a count of insurance claimants based on the current period i.e. 2021 which looks like {$<RptSetName={'2021-CY'}>} Claimants. For the next measure I want to create a % of the total Claimants. So to see if removing the filter works I did this as the measure T-Claimants as  {$<RptSetName={'2021-CY'}, CondDesc={}>} Claimants. I was expecting something like this...

CondDesc    Claimants     T-Claimants

HBP                       58                   540

CHF                        12                   540

But Instead Get This...

CondDesc    Claimants     T-Claimants

HBP                       58                   58

CHF                        12                   12

NOTE: The Grid Total does show the correct number of 540

Manisha2
Contributor
Contributor

What if we have multiple dimension for example we have Year and Region