Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

Disabling of filter for a a chart in qliksense

Hello,

I am trying to disable a filter in Qliksense.

I know in qlikview it is easy, we can just right click and detach the respective chart.

Is there is something similar in Qliksense, as I am not able to find it.

Also, I have 4 filters in my qliksense app, is there is a possibility that I can use only 3 of them for one chart and all 4 for the remaining items in the app?

Thank you for you help.

Best Regards,

Vipin Saroha

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: Disabling of filter for a a chart in qliksense

Hi Vipin,

If you want to ignore a filter in Qlik Sense then you could try using set analysis in your expression.

As an example, if you want to ignore selections for the dimension called Year in a sum function for a measure called quantity then the function would be Sum({$<Year=>}Quantity).

Hope this helps.

Rod

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Vipin,

If you want to ignore a filter in Qlik Sense then you could try using set analysis in your expression.

As an example, if you want to ignore selections for the dimension called Year in a sum function for a measure called quantity then the function would be Sum({$<Year=>}Quantity).

Hope this helps.

Rod

Employee
Employee

Hello Vipin,

Rod's suggestion is the correct one - as there isn't a disable interactive capability yet for the chart object. I have requested this feature for the out of the box charts - because it DOES exist in Qlik Sense Developer hub:

But that is for taking your Qlik Sense content out of the default environment and using it in web applications and mash-ups etc.

If you are new to Set Analysis - you can see examples of this here: A Beginners' Introduction to Set Analysis (video)

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Thank you Rod for this, your suggestion helped me with what I needed.

Community Browser