Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deniscamh
Creator
Creator

Display Results based on Last Month

Hi all,

I have a pivot table that has Current donor status as a Row Dimension and Fiscal year, Fiscal Quarter and Fiscal Month as Column Dimension. The measure is number of donors, simple expression : count(distinct Donors). Please see screenshot below.Donor Status.JPG

What I am trying to do is for each Fiscal Year instead of showing full year results to show only Last Month result for that Fiscal year and the same for Fiscal Quarter.

What i did so far is created variable vMaxFiscalMonth = Max(FiscalMonth) and added it to expression:

count({<FiscalMonth = {"=$(vMaxFiscalMonth)"}>} distinct Donors).

But the result is still for full year instead of Last Month.If I hard code it, means put 12 instead of variable it works but I cannot hard code it as I need it to be adjusted according to Fiscal year and Fiscal Quarter.

Can anyone let me what I am missing in my expression or any other solution?

Thanks

Denis

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Here is the other option

If(SecondaryDimensionality() = 1,

Sum(Aggr(If(Month = Max(TOTAL <FiscalYear, [Curent Donor Status]> Month), Count(DISTINCT [Constituent ID])), Month, FiscalYear, [Curent Donor Status])),

If(SecondaryDimensionality() = 2,

Sum(Aggr(If(Month = Max(TOTAL <FiscalYear, [Curent Donor Status], FiscalQuarter> Month), Count(DISTINCT [Constituent ID])), Month, FiscalYear, [Curent Donor Status], FiscalQuarter)),

If(SecondaryDimensionality() = 3,

Sum(Aggr(If(Month = Max(TOTAL <FiscalYear, [Curent Donor Status], FiscalQuarter, FiscalMonth> Month), Count(DISTINCT [Constituent ID])), Month, FiscalYear, [Curent Donor Status], FiscalQuarter, FiscalMonth)))))

View solution in original post

45 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

try

vMaxFiscalMonth=  =Max(TOTAL FiscalMonth)   (should have an equal sign in the variable definition)

count({<FiscalMonth = {$(vMaxFiscalMonth)}>} distinct Donors).

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
deniscamh
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for replay Vineeth,

Your solution works fine with the past years at the last month for theses years is 12 but it would not work for current year as the last month for current year is 8.

Also it does not work for Quarters as i need last moth for each quarter.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

For CurrentYear

vMaxFiscalMonth=  =Max({<YearField = {$(=Year(today())) }>}TOTAL FiscalMonth)

Also it does not work for Quarters as i need last moth for each quarter.

Create this flag in a MasterCalendar

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

maybe this:

count( {< FiscalMonth = {"$(=Max(FiscalMonth))"}>} distinct Donors).

deniscamh
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for replay

It works partially.

When I add the expression to the pivot table it does not display current year as it does not have month 12 but it would display it when you select it. I need it to be displayed as well according to last month for this year results.

Also only Q4 is displayed unless you select specific Quarter. I need all Quarters to be displayed with the results of last month for that quarter.

Do you have any ideas of how to do that.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

let's try with the below expression:

if( FiscalMonth = Max(FiscalMonth), count(distinct Donors) )

deniscamh
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Vineeth, but I cannot create separate variable for current year I need one for all fiscal years as I am using the same dimension in pivot table.

deniscamh
Creator
Creator
Author

In that case it would work only if you select a month otherwise the expression would not give any result...

sunny_talwar

May be try this

FirstSortedValue(Aggr(Count(DISTINCT Donors), [Donor Status], [Fiscal Month]), -Aggr([Fiscal Month], [Donor Status], [Fiscal Month]))