Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ben_skerrett
Contributor III
Contributor III

Display data for a Supplier with a Particular Rank

Hi,

I am relatively new to Qlik Sense/coding and struggling with the following (refer to attached document for screen shots and more information)

In brief:

I have a table which lists the 5 worst performing suppliers from a  non-conformance perspective.

In the same sheet I am attempting to generate 5 bar charts, one for each Supplier (showing 12 months of data).

How do I create a chart, each of which containing data for a specific Rank.

The expression below lists the supplier name of a particular rank but I am unable to apply this to a bar chart (refer to attachment).

•  =FirstSortedValue ([List name],-aggr(Count([Notification]),[List name]),3)

Thanks in Advance

Ben

Labels (1)
3 Replies
bgerchikov
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Ben,

I would try to use the following expression for dimension:

If( [List name]=FirstSortedValue ([List name],-aggr(Count([Notification]),[List name]),3), Supplier, Null())

Also, you can create a variable with parameter:

dim_Supplier = If( [List name]=FirstSortedValue ([List name],-aggr(Count([Notification]),[List name]),$1), Supplier, Null())

So, all your dimensions will be like this:

$(dim_Supplier(3))

Just check the syntax.

Good Luck!

ben_skerrett
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for the prompt reply. Unfortunately it was unsuccessful. The expression showed as 'OK' but the chart stated "Error All expressions are disabled"

FYI, in your expression you refered to Supplier. I replaced it with [Listname] (which is the supplier name). 

=If([List name]=FirstSortedValue ([List name], -aggr(Count([Notification]),[List name]),1),[List name],Null())

Any help would be appreciated.

bgerchikov
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Ben,

First, I want to make sure expression is used as a dimension, not as a regular chart expression.

Second, does your chart show the data if you just hard code dimension value: If( [List name]='Bla-Bla', [List name], Null())?

At last, can you upload your app?

Thanks!