Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying certain values in a field in a line chart

Very new to QlikSense, never used QlikView, and haven't done any scripting before.

I have uploaded data with a field called "STATUS_Group" for work orders. Within that field, there are only three values, "Closed", "Open", and "Pre-Open." There is also a "DATE_REQUESTED" field which displays the values as "mm/dd/yyyy".

I'm trying to create a KPI object that just shows a total count of all "Open" and "Pre-Open" values for the current year.

I'm also trying to create a line chart where the Date is the bottom dimension, the count is the Y dimension, and there are two lines on the graph for "Closed" and "Open", with the "Open line representing all the "Pre-Open" and "Open" values.

Help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Casey,

Does your table have a unique ID field for the table? This would be the best to use for your measures. If not I'll use the fields you have stated.

In the data load editor you should do:

YEAR(DATE_REQUESTED) as YEAR_REQUESTED

KPI Object:

COUNT({$<STATUS_Group={'Open','Pre-Open'},YEAR_REQUESTED={'=$(=YEAR(TODAY()))'}>}STATUS_Group)

Line Chart:

Dimension: YEAR_REQUESTED

Measure Opened: COUNT({$<STATUS_Group={'Open','Pre-Open'}>}STATUS_Group)

Measure Closed: COUNT({$<STATUS_Group={'Closed'}>}STATUS_Group)

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Casey,

Does your table have a unique ID field for the table? This would be the best to use for your measures. If not I'll use the fields you have stated.

In the data load editor you should do:

YEAR(DATE_REQUESTED) as YEAR_REQUESTED

KPI Object:

COUNT({$<STATUS_Group={'Open','Pre-Open'},YEAR_REQUESTED={'=$(=YEAR(TODAY()))'}>}STATUS_Group)

Line Chart:

Dimension: YEAR_REQUESTED

Measure Opened: COUNT({$<STATUS_Group={'Open','Pre-Open'}>}STATUS_Group)

Measure Closed: COUNT({$<STATUS_Group={'Closed'}>}STATUS_Group)

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

That worked! Thank you very much!

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Seems, You got the answer. Can you close this thread by flag correct answer

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's great glad to hear it.

Can you please mark my answer as the correct answer, thank you.