Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avinashkk696
Contributor III
Contributor III

Displaying values of listbox in different text boxes

Hi,

I have a requirement in my project and I'm stuck at a point.

I have a field name 'Country' and the values are India, Australia, Canada, Mexico, Italy, Mali, Malta, Liberia...etc.

My requirement is, if select 3 countries, I want to display those three countries in 3 different text boxes. Similarly, selecting N number of countries should display N no. of text boxes with countries.

Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You would have to create as any text boxes as you need and hide all except for those that should be displayed at any one time. The problem will be that they will not 'float' to the top when you  select the country, so you will have gaps, which may look odd. So you would probably need some sort of dynamic expression in the text boxes. You have not explained what you want to display in each box, so I cannot be specific, but perhaps something like this:

=If(GetSelectedCount(Country) >= 1, SumField(GetFieldSelections(Country, '|', 20), '|', 2))

=If(GetSelectedCount(Country) >= 2, SumField(GetFieldSelections(Country, '|', 20), '|', 2))

It might be simpler to use a different visualisation such as a straight table.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
dineshraj
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Avinash,

Try this

In first text box

subfield(GetFieldSelections(Country),chr(44),1)

For Second text box

subfield(GetFieldSelections(Country),chr(44),2)

Similarly for all

This may help you.

Regards

Dineshraj