Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Do Qlik Sense allow Dimensions now ?

Hi All

i have heavy user of Dimension in Qlik View , Now I like to use these Dimension in QS . 

I aware that in the past this is not possible , instead need to use button to replace dimension.

in case some one know pls share with me.

Paul Yeo

12 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Sorry, I cannot understand your question, can you please explain again ?

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

In QV when i click on the Dimension box , the Table on the right will give the report.

Below are the script for dimension :-
For Each i in 101,102,103,104
WhatIfDimension$(i):
LOAD * INLINE [
Pls select $(i)st Dim,Column$(i)
WK,YearMonthWeek
YrMth,YearMonth
CU_ID,CUST_ID
COY,COMPANY
BRA_C, BRAND_
BRA_F,BRAND_SUB
BRA_R,BRAND_RAW
BRA_P,BRA_Pro_Cls
BRA_D,BRAND_DESC
SEG_T,SEG_SUB
_SOUR,SOURCE
];
NEXT i;

Does QS have this feature ?

Paul

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

This feature should work the same in both Qlik Sense and QlikView.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

I have the enclosed the QVF file , I am unable to import the =$(ColumnDim101) into QS. 

Hope you can advise me how to do it ?

Paul Yeo

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Hi Paul,

The expression you are trying to use is looking for a variable which you have not created in your Qlik Sense app.

If you go to your QlikView doc, you will see that there are over 50 variables used.

One way to bring that in to Qlik Sense is to do a conversion from qvw -> qvf though the Dev Hub.

You can get to the Dev Hub from the Qlik Sense hub and the bottom tool on the left will convert the script (you will need to make some slight adjustments and create connections to data), variables and whole data model to work with.

Good Luck.

Lisa

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Lisa

May i know are you refer to using Qlik Sense Extension ? For example Button to do the Dimension ?

Paul Yeo 

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Hi Paul,

I am a little confused by your terminology.  A dimension is simply a field that is used to compare how you want to break down your visualization. 

What are you trying to do ?

Lisa_Sun
Support
Support

Hi Paul,

Could you please share qvw? 

Do you have screenshot to explain your question?

I can reload the script successfully but not exactly sure what you are looking for.  So if you could provide more details, that can helps a lot. 

Best Regards

Lisa

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Lisa

Enclosed my QVW.