Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Do not display blank in the pie chart

I have a column that I put as a pie chart in Qlik sense, I  used the column name as the dimension and the measure is the count of the column name. However the issue that I am having is that the Pie chart also displays the blank rows but I wish it would only display the rows with values, is this possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Ayabuya,

Yes absolutely. There are two ways of doing it.

1) In the properties panel under the dimension , you have a check box which says:include Null values, you will have to uncheck that also in the Add-ons tab you can uncheck the display black values

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

2) You can handle the nulls in the load script as Unknow. This way you will not loose any data. (Preferable)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
saniyask
Creator
Creator

Hi,

The easiest way to remove the null values is by un-checking the show null values box..

You can edit the chart --> go to its properties --> Data --> Dimensions --> Under Dimension select your dimension and un check the show null values box..

Hope it will help!!

Regards,

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Ayabuya,

Yes absolutely. There are two ways of doing it.

1) In the properties panel under the dimension , you have a check box which says:include Null values, you will have to uncheck that also in the Add-ons tab you can uncheck the display black values

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

2) You can handle the nulls in the load script as Unknow. This way you will not loose any data. (Preferable)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sangram, however could you please explain the second method in detail

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

HI Ayabuya,

Assuming the dimmension has null values or spaces

Add this to the dimmension field in the load script:

load

if(isnull(dim),'Unknown',

if(trim(dim) = '','Unknown',dim)) as [Dimmension Value],