Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ben0109
Contributor III
Contributor III

Do not show zero value on bar chart

Hi Everyone,

I need to present a chart that updates values as the user make selections. A simplified version of my table is set out below.

Name     ||     [Sum of Wood Sold]    ||    [Sum of Bricks Sold]    ||    [Sum of Cement Sold]

Mike        ||                 10 000                   ||                     5 000                  ||                      25 000

Sam        ||                 0                              ||                     5 000                  ||                      0

Paul        ||                 14 000                    ||                     0                           ||                      1 000

Jake        ||                 10 000                   ||                     0                           ||                      0

With Mike, every bar will show, but when I have any of the others on a graph, the zero values keep on showing. I have tried setting it to a null value in my expression, e.g. =if(Sum([Sum of Bricks Sold])=0,Null(),Sum([Sum of Bricks Sold]), also tried to set it with the same expression to zero and tried the Show Zero values in Data Handling under Add-ons with no success. In the case above, with Paul (for example), regardless of the steps I have taken, it will give me a bar with a value, then a gap (because of a zero) and the a bar with a value again.

Is there something that I am missing?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben

2 Replies
simecekm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ben,

In my case, I can include/exclude dimesions with empty measures in report settings. See the attached screenshots.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Martin Simecek
ben0109
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Martin

I will keep your idea as a potential alternative if nothing else works. My end goal is to display all measures (Bricks, Cement and Wood) per dimension (Person). If the user selects Jake, for example, the graph should display all fields that has a value larger than zero.

In essence, if there are no selections made, and all fields have values (in this scenario), there should be 12 bars on the graph (three per person).

I have attached an example of my chart.

Ben