Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Do we have writing notes/comments on an object features in Qlik Sense

User wants to write notes/comments on an object by looking at the same, so that whoever looks at the data will get the idea about the numbers. This feature is available in QlikView 11. Do we have the same available in Qlik Sense?

Message was edited by: Ravi Singh

4 Replies
EmmaC
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I would also be interested to know when will Qlik Sense offer this feature!

regards, Emma

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

A user can write a data story that is available for other users to view to provide context in the numbers in one or more objects.

EmmaC
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thanks Andy!

I was asking more about:

Notes and Comments ‒ QlikView

Qlik Sense will offer this in a short future?

regards, Emma

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

It wasn't something highlighted in the statement of direction for this year but you never know what's in the feature release.

Putting it in as an idea and enough users want it then it will be considered for a future release.

Reading your document it refers to snapshots book marking the chart. This already happens in Sense in view the note and comment feature is centered round a particular object which I see could be beneficial if the object provides the definitive view of the change you are describing. Sense through stories allows the user to bring a number of points of view together to illustrate a change and the reasons for it or to focus on just one view in my opinion a more flexiblle tool but it does take some getting used to.