Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Do we need a sync rule for stream to get synced to non-central node

i have disabled the default sync rule that sync the resources from central to noncentral.

After that i created some sync rules to sync the app from central to non-central node.

Just wanted to check, if in that case do we need a sync rule for stream to get synced to non-central node

6 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Streams should show up regardless of sync rules. The visibility of a stream is governed by the security rules on that stream.

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Dear Prasanta,

The sync rule is used for schedule what apps need to be synchronized with what servers. If was created a sync rule for one app only, you don´t need more steps. But, if you want to sync all apps on the stream, you need to create a sync rule for all applications published on this steam.

Please, mark the CORRECT/HELPFUL comments.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Not applicable
Author

hi, thanks for your feedback.

but why there is a resource filter available for stream while creating a sync rule

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Because you can opt to not sync apps which are part of a given stream. For instance here's the default Non Central Nodes sync rule for me:

((node.iscentral="false" and resource.stream.id!="a70ca8a5-1d59-4cc9-b5fa-6e207978dcaf"))

This says that sync all apps where the node isn't a Central node and the app isn't a member of the stream with that ID.

Not applicable
Author

for this default sync rule, do i need to select "app" under resource filter or * need to be kept under resource filter.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I'd keep it to App_* as are used in the default rules. I do not know how App* or * are evaluated but functionally the sync rules only sync apps so using those alternative filters doesn't seem particularly useful.