Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Do we need a sync rule for stream to get synced to non-central node

i have disabled the default sync rule that sync the resources from central to noncentral.

After that i created some sync rules to sync the app from central to non-central node.

Just wanted to check, if in that case do we need a sync rule for stream to get synced to non-central node

6 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Streams should show up regardless of sync rules. The visibility of a stream is governed by the security rules on that stream.

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Dear Prasanta,

The sync rule is used for schedule what apps need to be synchronized with what servers. If was created a sync rule for one app only, you don´t need more steps. But, if you want to sync all apps on the stream, you need to create a sync rule for all applications published on this steam.

Please, mark the CORRECT/HELPFUL comments.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Not applicable
Author

hi, thanks for your feedback.

but why there is a resource filter available for stream while creating a sync rule

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Because you can opt to not sync apps which are part of a given stream. For instance here's the default Non Central Nodes sync rule for me:

((node.iscentral="false" and resource.stream.id!="a70ca8a5-1d59-4cc9-b5fa-6e207978dcaf"))

This says that sync all apps where the node isn't a Central node and the app isn't a member of the stream with that ID.

Not applicable
Author

for this default sync rule, do i need to select "app" under resource filter or * need to be kept under resource filter.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I'd keep it to App_* as are used in the default rules. I do not know how App* or * are evaluated but functionally the sync rules only sync apps so using those alternative filters doesn't seem particularly useful.