Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pal25
Contributor III
Contributor III

Does qliksense doesn't support "AND" and "OR" conditions with "IF" statement at all ?

I have been trying some conditional statements which has both IF  +  OR / AND , it doesn't work at all. "IF" formula only works if i remove OR / AND.

Can some one provide any example how and where it works

I am trying this in data manager -> add calculated field -> expression window.

Labels (6)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

That is correct. AND/OR is supported everywhere *except* Data Manager, near as I can tell. No idea why Qlik decided to have it work that way and I wouldn't know who to ask, but this pops up as a Community question fairly regularly.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

For reasons unknown to us, Data Manager does not support OR/AND. You can use these expressions in the Data Load Editor or in front-end expressions.

pal25
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for such a quick reply

Can you share any insights or document on front - end expressions ? Are these the ones which we write during creating charts or visulaization ?

Or
MVP
MVP

That is correct. AND/OR is supported everywhere *except* Data Manager, near as I can tell. No idea why Qlik decided to have it work that way and I wouldn't know who to ask, but this pops up as a Community question fairly regularly.

pal25
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Or  Thanks a lot for this info. I will try the front end expression. Many thanks 🙂