Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Don't get started Qlik Sense Desktop with Windows 10

Dear all,

Using Windows 10, I do not getting started Qlik. Even using the compatibility mode for Windows 7 or 8, nothing happens.

Double clicking the desktop icon, Qlik starts, but the screen is white...

I do not understand that Windows is not yet officially supported as far as I can see.

Is anybody here who can help me to overcome this problem? I am helpless.

Best regards,

Torsten

27 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Try uninstall and re installing it.

It is supported I have Qlik sense desktop 3.2.3 installed on windows 10

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Torsten,

Make sure your firewall is off, internet is connected, it has latest version 3.2.4 and you are doing all thing with local admin. when white screen comes, let is open and open google chrome and paste this URL http://localhost:4848/hub/my/work and tell me what is appearing.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Rohit Kumar

rittermd
Master
Master

Are you running 64bit version?  QS only works with that.

Not applicable
Author

@Mark: Yes, it is 64 bit.

Not applicable
Author

@Rima: I am waiting for temporary permission to do the deinstallation/ installation. Hopefully it will work then...

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

which version of Qlik Sense are you using?

please also provide us a printscreen if possible.

Not applicable
Author

@all:

Now nothing happens anymore. I did not change anything. I just switched forth and back with the compatibility mode, but always with the same bad result...

Not applicable
Author

Good Morning,

De-installation and installation successfully completed.

Qlik Sense Desktop starts...but when I would like to begin with adding data to my App, the screen turns grey and the following text appears "Initialisieren von "Daten hinzufügen". Unfortunately nothing else happens...

A colleague provided me with a qvf-file and I can start the related App without any problem...

So, in principal Qlik does work on my PC, but far away from reliable and reasonable.

Do you have any idea, why the initialization of adding data does not work? I hope so.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Can you share that data with us , so we can try out at our end ?