Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Donut Charts with multiple dimensions

Hi, I've been trying to reproduce the donut chart below but without much success. Could you please advise as to what must be done?

I have Types (Regular and Decaf) and Product Types (Coffee etc). I wish to represent the same measure for both on a single donut as shown below.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello everyone. I have figured out the answer. Thank you for your help and time though.

For anyone interested, you should create a new dimension under the Master List and type 'Type &[Product type]' in the field. Once created, you can edit the dimension to fit in the colours required (different shades of blue in my case) and from there, everything else is relatively easy to do.

Regards,
Arrow

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlikview or Qlik Sense?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Qlik Sense Desktop, thank you!
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi! Thanks for the file but it actually contains a bar chart instead of the donut chart that I was looking for. Please advise accordingly.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i think you should try to create a single dimension from Type and Product Type, as per my understanding there only one dimension possible in pie charts

in qlikview without dimension and multiple expression pie chart was possible but not in qliksense

DavidŠtorek
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

by default visualization of pie chart it is only possible " to  use a pie chart when you have a single data series with only positive values. In the pie chart, the dimensions form sectors of the measure value. You can include one measure and one dimension in a pie chart."

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ok, I attached an example from another discussion. The zip file I attached now should be the correct file.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello everyone. I have figured out the answer. Thank you for your help and time though.

For anyone interested, you should create a new dimension under the Master List and type 'Type &[Product type]' in the field. Once created, you can edit the dimension to fit in the colours required (different shades of blue in my case) and from there, everything else is relatively easy to do.

Regards,
Arrow