Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Draw tables using SQL-like statements

Hi,

I have two questions about Qlik Sense Desktop:

• Is there a way to draw a straight table directly using SQL-like statements? I understand that there is a data load script that can be used (which is very useful), but for me it lacks one important feature. The table generated loses its relationship with other tables, so it is not affected by any filters applied. I think this is the nature of data load scripts. I am also familiar with aggr() function, but I think it complicates the logic.
  • Suppose that I have already a drawn straight table or any chart item. Is there a way that I can manipulate the data presented using JS for example (APIs)? i.e. I get the data in, let’s say, JSON format and then manipulate it and then draw it again? Of course by doing this I expect that the data lose its relationships with others, which is totally acceptable.

Thanks,

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

1. No, You can't perform SQL Queries in Front end where as You can define in script.
2. What you want to play with API's. Can you describe little more
Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So suppose that I have a straight table. Since I cannot use SQL to reach the results I want, I am okay to take another approach such that I manipulate the data using a programming language. For example, I can introduce a new hierarchy levels and aggregate the values based on some conditions and then draw a pivot table, transpose, or transfer the table. Basically I am free to get data in a special format and then produce it again with the same format.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Do you have any reference - What we are talking about?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)