Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce_sorge
Contributor III
Contributor III

Drill Down Problems

Hello all,

I have spent a couple weeks looking for the answer to this and really can't find anything that solves my issue. I am still relatively new to Qlik Sense. What I am doing is trying to create a drill-down map. I have tried using our Oracle DB and now I am using an Excel spreadsheet I exported from an Oracle query. I have several fields, and the ones I am trying to drill down on are the State -> Location (concatenated Lat/Long coordinates), then Location -> Instution (Name of the institution). Right now my map shows all of the states that we have had grants awarded (all 50), and the other layer shows the lat/long coordinates. The second layer is showing lat/long from all instututions around the world, but I need to only focus on US institutions right now. I filtered the layer data to 'USA' country.

The other issue I have is that when I click on the state, then the lat/long point, everything disappears and I only have an empty map. It should drill down to the coordinates and show the institution name. I can't get either of those to work. I am attaching my spreadsheet with a sample of data (original is over 9K rows). Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bruce

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
walxiney_Planner
Partner - Contributor III

Hello Bruce_sorge

I tried to use your dataset here but I only can see the PR state.

I dont know about the Lat. and Long. here I was used the polygons, generated on Google Earth.

I was make a hierarchcal layers using the state and the institution, and selected what will be showed at first nivel and second nivel, but I thing was not good enough. I thing there is somethin wrong with the lat. and longit. 

layers_maps.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply
walxiney_Planner

Hello Bruce_sorge

I tried to use your dataset here but I only can see the PR state.

I dont know about the Lat. and Long. here I was used the polygons, generated on Google Earth.

I was make a hierarchcal layers using the state and the institution, and selected what will be showed at first nivel and second nivel, but I thing was not good enough. I thing there is somethin wrong with the lat. and longit. 

layers_maps.png