Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjendrick
Contributor III
Contributor III

Drive Almost Full, Moved Logs, Operations Monitor Not Working

Hey all,

I hope someone in the community has already handled this kind of issue.  Here's the bullet points:

1. Our C drive for Qlik Sense was almost full,
  2. So I moved our ArchivedLogs, and ServerLogFolder to a separate drive in our Azure instance,
  3. All files were relocated to those new directories,
  4. Everything works great for our apps, etc,
  5. But shortly thereafter I realized our Operations Monitor no longer shows any details on the 24-Hour Summary page.

I believe that the system is still continuing to put logs into the original directory even though the settings were modified, all files were moved, and the processes were restarted.  Any insight or input as to what I might need to correct?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bjendrick
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We figured out our issue.  The system had originally been in Synced Persistence, but when we attempted to upgrade into Shared Persistence, the upgrade failed.  Due to other issues as well, we ended up uninstalling Qlik Sense, and then reinstalling after pulling proper Postgres backups.  Once I could reinstall fresh, I wrongly assumed I could install Shared Persistence (all other steps had been done).  Once installed, I restored the Postgres DB backup, which I'm assuming switched our environment back to Synced, but it looked like Shared.

Long and short, because it was assuming different things in 2 different states, our Operations Monitor, along with other settings weren't operating properly.  We resolved all of that this past weekend, and our Operations Monitor is functioning as it should.

I hope this helps someone else that might encounter this situation.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
bjendrick
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We figured out our issue.  The system had originally been in Synced Persistence, but when we attempted to upgrade into Shared Persistence, the upgrade failed.  Due to other issues as well, we ended up uninstalling Qlik Sense, and then reinstalling after pulling proper Postgres backups.  Once I could reinstall fresh, I wrongly assumed I could install Shared Persistence (all other steps had been done).  Once installed, I restored the Postgres DB backup, which I'm assuming switched our environment back to Synced, but it looked like Shared.

Long and short, because it was assuming different things in 2 different states, our Operations Monitor, along with other settings weren't operating properly.  We resolved all of that this past weekend, and our Operations Monitor is functioning as it should.

I hope this helps someone else that might encounter this situation.  Thank you.