Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hlines_usacs
Creator II
Creator II

Dual Date field showing as Text([Month]) in selection panel

Hello,

In my load script, I am loading a Month field as a DUAL([Month],[Period]) AS [Month], where Month is in the format of "Jul 2016," and Period is in the format of YYYYMM (e.g. 201601 for January 2016). I need to do it this way for sorting purposes.

When I use this [Month] field in a chart, I need to use TEXT([Month]) so it displays correctly as "Jul 2016" instead of 201.61K (thinking it is 201,601 as a numerical value). When i click on one of the Month values on the x-axis to make a selection, in the Selection panel, it is labeled as "Text([Service Month])" (see screen shot below). Is there a way to just have it display [Service Month]?

month.jpg

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

See my answer to this discussion

Calculated dimensions in Sense

i.e. try

=Aggr( Text([Service Month]), [Service Month] )

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hannah,

You make it more complex than it has to be...  The date fields are daul by their nature, no need for dual(), if loaded properly in the script.  Even if it is a text in the data source, it can be loaded as a valid date in the script, for example, assuming it is in the format 'MMM YYYY' in the source (e.g. Sep 2016):

date#(Month, 'MMM YYYY') as "Service Month"

So, it will look the same way, but it can be used for sorting.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hi,

Instead of using text (Month) try using Month and there is property in appearance Section for X axis called as  Use Continuous Scale. Uncheck this property and check whethe it works.

Regards,

Shraddha