Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthias1
Contributor
Contributor

Dual IF Funtion

Hi,

Quick question. I want to define a "Morning Peak" and an "Afternoon Peak" from 7 AM to 9 AM respectively 15 AM to 17 AM.

If(Hour(PlanDepTime)>=7 AND Hour(PlanDepTime)=<9,'MorningPeak',If(Hour(PlanDepTime)>=15 AND Hour(PlanDepTime)=<18,'AfternoonPeak','NoPeak')

The format of PlanDepTime is hh:mm:ss

But in the code QlikSense does not read the AND as a Function and therefore does not except the formula.
What am I doing wrong here?

Thank you very much for your help
Matthias

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Matthias,

I think you missed a ')' at the end of your formula and that is why it is not working.

Take this example:

Table:
Load
    If(Hour(time)>=7 and hour(time)<=9,'Morning peak',IF(Hour(time)>=15 and hour(time)<=18,'Afternoon peak','No peak')) as Category
   ;
Load * Inline [
ID, time,
1, 07:37:15
2, 13:13:51
3, 17:23:45
];

This is the outcome:2019-03-20 21_19_23-Window.png

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Matthias,

I think you missed a ')' at the end of your formula and that is why it is not working.

Take this example:

Table:
Load
    If(Hour(time)>=7 and hour(time)<=9,'Morning peak',IF(Hour(time)>=15 and hour(time)<=18,'Afternoon peak','No peak')) as Category
   ;
Load * Inline [
ID, time,
1, 07:37:15
2, 13:13:51
3, 17:23:45
];

This is the outcome:2019-03-20 21_19_23-Window.png

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
Matthias1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Jordy,

thank you for your reply.

Your were right, but even when adding the 1 missing right parenthesis it still tells me that there is one missing. I can add another 3 parenthesis and it still tells me the that there is a right parenthesis missing?!

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Matthias,

I would advice you to do this in the back-end (read script). This is easier because you can then add this as a dimension itself.

Copy my formula and fill in 'PlanDepTime' instead of 'time'.

If you are still planning of doing this in the front-end, create a measure (not dimension!) and copy my formula and fill in 'PlanDepTime' instead of 'time'. This should also work.

Jordy 

Climber

Work smarter, not harder