Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MT4
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Dublicate (published) app - does tasks follow?

Hi,

Hope you can help me with this question

I have a published APP that I want to develop further. In the background of this APP I have one Extract and one Transform app with tasks that is linked to this APP. The APP itself has also tasks associated with it.

My question is... if I duplicate my APP what happends with the tasks? Will they 'follow' the APP if I tick the box 'Replace existing app'? Or will I have to manually rewrite them?

THANKS!!!!

Regards
Michelle

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hello,

no, the task isn't copied too.

Each application as a unique ID (which you can see in the application list). On this ID the tasks and dependencies is on. If you copy your application, it gets a new ID.

If you copy your application and republish them within the same name, it will get the tasks and dependencies as before because the published version gets the same ID. But you will do a copy automatically also.

Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies
niceqlik
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Michelle,

When you duplicate a published app, a copy of this app is created in your "My Works" folder and this is now a completely different app and it won't have direct connection to your preceding tasks.

What you can do is to develop on this new copy in "My Works" folder and when your development has finished, you can publish this app onto your existing published app while ticking "Replace existing app" option.

Your previous task settings will still be valid.

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hello,

no, the task isn't copied too.

Each application as a unique ID (which you can see in the application list). On this ID the tasks and dependencies is on. If you copy your application, it gets a new ID.

If you copy your application and republish them within the same name, it will get the tasks and dependencies as before because the published version gets the same ID. But you will do a copy automatically also.

Regards

MT4
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Martin!!

MT4
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Ismail!!!
I appreciate your help a lot. What a great Community