Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Duplicate Sheet does not carry over to Duplicate App

I have created a published app with a published sheet and a duplicate of this sheet. When I duplicate the entire application the sheet does not carry over to the duplicate. How can I make it so that when an application is duplicated the sheets in it carry over?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Donish -

This is by design - if you duplicate a sheet from a Published App within a stream  - while you are in the Hub - it will got to the My Sheets section of the app. These sheets are tied to the owner and not the app. See screenshots below for the workflow.

Note: Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

These sheets WILL NOT CARRY OVER with the APP if you duplicate the APP only the approved sheets will.

What you must do is duplicate the app first - it will be come a duplicate, not published app and go into the My Work Area inthe hub

The you duplicate the sheets of the APP from  My Work

The you republish to the stream and overwrite/ replace the app with the selected app

Then the duplicated sheet will be in the approved sheets

Note: If you replace the app while publishing again from the QMC - any of the user's previously created "my sheets that were created before the replacement" should also be maintained.

Another Note: If you are using the QMC you most likely have a support contract and can work directly without our support personnel on this issue. If that is the case you can send them an email at Support@qlik.com.

In order to troubleshoot this - they will need to see the exact steps.

Check this link out for more information on the publishing workflow:

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Donish - was the duplicate sheet part of the actual APP - or was it something you made and published in the community section?

Did you publish using the QMC or did you right click and publish while in the Hub?

Attach some screenshots if you can.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

The sheet was made prior to publishing the app. I then duplicated the sheet on the app after publishing it, and then I attempted to duplicate the entire application, but the sheet did not carry over.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Donish -

This is by design - if you duplicate a sheet from a Published App within a stream  - while you are in the Hub - it will got to the My Sheets section of the app. These sheets are tied to the owner and not the app. See screenshots below for the workflow.

Note: Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

These sheets WILL NOT CARRY OVER with the APP if you duplicate the APP only the approved sheets will.

What you must do is duplicate the app first - it will be come a duplicate, not published app and go into the My Work Area inthe hub

The you duplicate the sheets of the APP from  My Work

The you republish to the stream and overwrite/ replace the app with the selected app

Then the duplicated sheet will be in the approved sheets

Note: If you replace the app while publishing again from the QMC - any of the user's previously created "my sheets that were created before the replacement" should also be maintained.

Another Note: If you are using the QMC you most likely have a support contract and can work directly without our support personnel on this issue. If that is the case you can send them an email at Support@qlik.com.

In order to troubleshoot this - they will need to see the exact steps.

Check this link out for more information on the publishing workflow:

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the detailed response.