Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabriela165
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Duplicate value when use a measure

Hello

I have a problem, some of my rows duplicates the value when I use them like a measure. My measure is Sum(value):

Gabriela165_0-1656020942666.png

I have an id and I tried to use distinct id and sum(value) but it doesn't works.

The correct sum is the value column (3) but the value like measure is duplicate.

Can you help me please?

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Check that you are not experiencing a significant number of synthetic keys. 

Those should be reduced as much as possible. If any synthetic keys appear around your 'values' field, that should be fixed.

Also, its not clear what you mean by 
"The correct sum is the value column (3) but the value like measure is duplicate."

Can you be more specific?

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Gabriela165
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

@Frank_S wrote:

Check that you are not experiencing a significant number of synthetic keys. 

Those should be reduced as much as possible. If any synthetic keys appear around your 'values' field, that should be fixed.

Also, its not clear what you mean by 
"The correct sum is the value column (3) but the value like measure is duplicate."

Can you be more specific?

Thanks Frank 

When I use the value field as a dimension it is correct (but I can't make a sum). When I use the field as measure the number and its sum is wrong.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It appears that your values appear twice, as each sum(value) is exactly value*2.  Examine your data model to determine why value is duplicated and if that is correct or not.

-Rob