cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pindelicato
Contributor III
Contributor III

Duplicated App drops Script in Work area - Security rule help

So we have a rule set up that if a User has Read access to an App and they duplicate it they can retain the script.

Resource Filter : App*,App.Object*

Conditions:

(resource.App.HasPrivilege("Read") and resource.objectType="app_appscript")

However we have one app, where I ,the root admin, duplicate it and it will not copy over and give access to the app script. I have full rights to the Data Connection, the Stream and the App and every time I open the app and go in to Data Load Editor the script briefly appears and then goes away. We are on April 2019 Enterprise Qliksense. I don't think I can really share anymore, but it is odd that this works fine in all of our other streams/apps but not this specific one. If I grant my account full access to everything and see everything in our environment, it will work, but we don't want to go that route.

Also complicating this, if I open the original published app in the stream it will allow me to change the Data Load Editor, this only happens when we duplicate it. I would prefer to not have users doing work in Prod.

Any help is appreciated.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

RootAdmin has capability to RWX rules. Hence, you will have all options in that.

May be create another security rule without few options which is not necessary to avoid Root privileges and align that to your account using Users list.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
pindelicato
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply, sorry I probably should have been more clear in the original question.

I mentioned my Root Access because I should be able to duplicate the script regardless.

No one can get the script to duplicate for these apps in this particular stream. It is effectively the only stream where this is occurring. What I found odd was that we could edit the script in the published app, which I didn't think was possible.

I am going to try some more tests on basic users, but I was just hoping anyone might have a good rule they have used before.