Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drunk8gods
Contributor
Contributor

Dynamic Chart Title Based on Alternative Dimension Selection

Hello all,

I'm working on a dashboard and am fairly new with Qlik Sense.  Hoping I can get some assistance.

I have a pie chart set up with various alternative dimensions.  This allows the user to select what dimension they would like displayed on the pie chart.

What I was hoping to do was display a title such as "Volume by " (Dimension), with the Dimension being the name of the dimension that is selected in the chart.

I'm not looking for a particular value within the selected dimension, just the name of the dimension (or alternative dimension) that is selected so it can be displayed on the title.

Thanks.

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Afaik there's no way to find out which alternative dimension is active.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
MK9885
Master II
Master II

=$Field

this would show the 'Dimension selected'

Not the value inside dimension.

You can use =$Field in title of your chart...

or =$FieldNo to show values...

Note: $Field should be a filter and $Field should be chart title to work properly.

Not sure if you looking for this?

razoreth92
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,

I have done dynamic update of chart title for any filter selected .

you can make a filter with a combination of the dimensions and use the expression below:

use this expression in GENERAL TAB for TITLE

if([DIMENSION]='Add','Chart for ADD',
if([DIMENSION]='Update','Chart for Update','Chart')).

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am not sure, What you are doing. Why can't you simplify like below

if(Match(DIMENSION, 'Add', 'Chart for ADD', 'Update'), 'Chart for Update', 'Chart')

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
razoreth92
Contributor
Contributor

I am setting up the title for the chart dynamically as per the filter suggested.

I have noticed the match function not working properly , therefore I used nested if, But your expression is more clear,
Thanks for improvement
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you show where this is not working?
Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
razoreth92
Contributor
Contributor

LOAD Country,

STATE,

CITY,

SALES_TEAM

FROM

[DCR_HISTORY.csv]

(txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is ',', msq)

where match(SALES_TEAM, 'ARTHE','ONCO');
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I may say, this is straight forward. To check alternative dimension is not doable.