Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ml8
Contributor
Contributor

Dynamic Values in Variable Input

how do the dynamic values of the variable input work?

I have a filter based on a dimension - 'Region'

I have set a variable as a dimension 'Country'. How can i code this into the Dynamic Values of the variable input so it lists the countries relevant to that region.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
mfarsln
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

You can use Concat(Country,'|'). '|' makes country values to be added dynamically.

ml8
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you! exactly what i wanted.

can i go to another level based on this dynamic variable eg City. so i would select- Europe (Filter), UK(Dynamic variable), London (Dynamic Variable - remove any not in UK)

mfarsln
Creator II
Creator II

Hi, 

You can create another variable object with Concat(City,'|'). When you select Europe and UK only UK cities will be the alternatives. 

garvitgupta96
Contributor II
Contributor II

=Concat (distinct aggr(only({<Country={$(your country variable)}>}city), city), '|', aggr(only({<Country={$(your country variable)}>}city), city))

Please mark the answer correct if this solves your problem

Enriquemmesteo
Creator
Creator

Hi, I have a similar situation at hand. I have a field "Names". I want to create a series of variables eg: vTeamLeader, vsupport...

I have a series of variable inputs for them to manually enter the names and I want them to be selected as a dropdown from the values in the field "Names".

Should I use the formula (Concat(Names,'|')) when creating the variable or in the dynamic values of the input?