Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rick_T
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dynamic label based on variable

Hello everyone, 

I made a variable which serves as a input for a specific month. So when i click on a month the visuals adapt and show the data of the selected month. So far so good. Now I am trying to achieve the same dynamic ability with the label of the dimension c.q. measure. 

I am using the following expression: 

='Omzet'&' '&date(vMaand, 'MMMM') &' '&vJaarVorig

The green part works fine but I can't get the red part to work together with the selected variable. When I only use the vMaand variable without the date(......, 'MMMM') it works but it shows a short month name notation. I want it to show the full month name. Does anyone know how I can achieve this? 

Sincerely, 

Rick 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi 

What is the value in "vMaand" variable.. 

if its max date, then you can give date(vMaand, 'MMMM').

Suppose "vMaand" variable store Month value, try like date(date#(vMaand,'MMM'), 'MMMM')

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi 

What is the value in "vMaand" variable.. 

if its max date, then you can give date(vMaand, 'MMMM').

Suppose "vMaand" variable store Month value, try like date(date#(vMaand,'MMM'), 'MMMM')

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Rick_T
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, 

Thank you, found the error!! 

The value stores the short month names, so right now it says 'aug.'

Your expression did the trick for 99,9%, i only added a dot after 'MMM': date(date#(vMaand,'MMM.'), 'MMMM')

Sincerly, 

Rick