Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kumarkp412
Creator II
Creator II

Dynamic label for the expression in Pivot Table in Qliksense

Hello All,

I am using the April-2018 version in qliksense. I want to create a pivot table contains the two dimension (region, status) and three expression(Budget,Actual,Ach or Diff).

In these region dimension as row and status as column and in 3 expression the label need to change when status is volume then it should show as 'Ach' other wise 'diff'.

when i was trying to have a expression in the label box as If(status='volume','Ach','Diff') , it was showing label as 'Diff' only.

I am struck on the label name. Kindly provide your suggestions on this, it would be helpful for me.

The below is the required out.

RegionStatus

Volume

Rate
BudgetActualAchBudgetActualDiff
ABC1210-2%23203

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Kumar KVP

6 Replies
DavidŠtorek
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

if expression is case sensitive so 'volume' differs from 'Volume'. Of corse your condition never get TRUE so allway else option is returned.

Does this help you?

ujjwalraja
Contributor III
Contributor III

You can't make the expression column header dynamic. If it were QlikView you could have superimposed the label for Volume with a text box containing "Ach".

balabhaskarqlik

May be, if(getfieldselections(Status)='Volume','Ach','Diff'),

try this as the label name of 3rd expression.

kumarkp412
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hey David,

Thanks for your reply.

I already check it out David.

Thanks

Kumar KVP

kumarkp412
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Ujjwal,

In Qlik view we can able to that in the Label Expersion fx itself.

But I am looking if for Qliksense.

Thanks

Kumar KVP

kumarkp412
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Bala,

Thanks for your reply,

I tried with this option also but the output it was coming always as 'Diff'.The if condition is always false and it comes only when i a make filter on status column as "Volume"

Thanks

Kumar KVP