cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giansonn
Creator
Creator

Dynamic measure label in chart using aggr

I am trying to create a dynamic label that shows stock added on a certain date.

Normally I have a single column but now I have broken up my stock added into 4 rows so it looks like this:

STR 3.PNG

What I would like to do is add a second row label that is the sum of these row labels so that I only have row for each column, something like this:

STR 4.PNG

I believe that the formula is something like this but I can't quite get it right:

=aggr(rangesum(above(stock_added)),measure1,measure2)

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

I am not sure as to what exactly are you looking to achieve... would you be able to elaborate with an example?

Giansonn
Creator
Creator
Author

I have also tried this:

=sum({<stock_week= {"(stock_week)"}>} total stock_added)

I don not believe that the total function works very well with set expressions...

Giansonn
Creator
Creator
Author

I am trying to add another column that lists the stock added as an extra column. Adding it as a row used to be the cheeky way around the issue because there was only one entry however now I have 4 entries (by two dimensions) and aggregation formulas are not allowed except aggr. for row since rows only accept dimensions.

Giansonn
Creator
Creator
Author

i.e. I want to use a measure as a row dimension

sunny_talwar

I don't think I understand, would you be able to share a sample to look at and may be share the expected output in an Excel file. 

Giansonn
Creator
Creator
Author

Yea sure,

stock weekstock addedsale_week 1sale_week 2sale_week 3
06/01/2020?x1y1z1
11/01/2020?x2y2z2
16/01/2020?x3y3z3
21/01/2020?x4y4z4
26/01/2020?x5y5z5
31/01/2020?x6y6z6

Now I know that this should be a simple sum(total var) calculation but I cannot get the set expression to work. I know that in the second column if I do stock week I get the exact same result as in the first column, but when I do this total expression my expression returns zero:

=sum({<stock_week={"stock_week"}>} total stock_added)