Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BouwerVa
Contributor II
Contributor II

EXCECUTE .BAT FILE

Hi

I am trying to execute a .bat file but keep getting an error. Please Help.

Script:

Execute cmd.exe /C C:\QlikSense Storage\6_BAT Files\Offsite Receive.bat

Error:

The following error occurred:
EXECUTE statement not available in this script mode

The error occurred here:
Execute cmd.exe /C C:\QlikSense Storage\6_BAT Files\Offsite Receive.bat

Settings.ini:

[Settings 7]
EnableIPv6Support=0
OverrideScriptSecurity=1
StandardReload=0

I did restart the "Qlik Sense Engine Service" 
Not sure what I am missing?

8 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Have you tried to change the path to a LIB: reference instead of a c:/ reference?

It support both, but you never know...

Vegar
MVP
MVP

By the message you get it looks like you're not entered into Legacy Mode.

Check if it is active by trying to load a simple excel/csv file referring to an absolute path like c:/Test.csv
BouwerQlik
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I tried opening an excel file and LIB as reference but getting the error. Any other suggestions where I might have gone wrong?

BouwerQlik
Contributor
Contributor

Just to make sure, how would the correct “EXECUTE” script look like for LIB and Absolute Path

BouwerQlik
Contributor
Contributor

Vegar
MVP
MVP

In the bottom of this page, https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/ScriptRegu... , you will find two examples on how to call using LIB and absolute path.
BouwerVa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi

I’ve got a new problem. The script in running now but nothing happens. Even if i try to open excel it just turns and never stops but excel doesn’t open. 

BouwerVa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

On another post, that i cant find now, they talked about a tick that had to be ticked to allow external programs.

In a second post they talked about overriding the security within system.ini file which i did as seen in my first post. Where in Qlik Sense Hub or QMC to you disable the security because I think that is what is keeping my script from working