cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Editing Field Names without Breaking Objects for Qlik Sense

Hi All,

This is more of a general question; my situation is this:

There are multiple existing Apps/Sheets with objects and expressions that are currently linked to a particular field name.

The particular field name needs to be updated to something else.

Unfortunately the expressions in the objects were not written with variables in mind.

Is there anyway for me to change the field names, and have the objects update to the new field name without manually going into each object, opening up the expressions editor and replacing the old name with the new one in Qlik Sense?

From what I've researched on the Qlik community, it seems Qlikview had an Expressions Overview tool that allowed the user to open up all expressions and do a Search and Replace function. Is there a solution where I could utilize this function of Qlikview via importing/exporting? Or is there an extension that offers a similar functionality? Any alternative suggestions are also welcome. Appreciate any help or advice on this!

Regards,

Damian

4 Replies
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Damian,

if your expressions are not written with variables, unfortunately you should change all object manually

Beck

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Darmian,

take a look at Rename field ‒ Qlik Sense

it worked for me.

BR

Andrea

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Damian,

This may helps,

If the change is permanant , you can change the field names in Data load editor itself. So that it will be reflected in all the places

Regards,

Sadasiva

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Try to store all your variables and their business rule in an external file, then you easily use all over application.

http://www.qlikfix.com/2011/09/21/storing-variables-outside-of-qlikview/

Hope this helps to you

Regards,

Deva