Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve_br
Creator
Creator

Editing the data source

Hello everybody!

I recently started using Qlik Sense for a project and there are a couple of things I’m trying to figure out.

1. Let’s say I create a graph and discover that it includes negative values. The reason is that they are entered incorrectly in the linked excel file. Is there any way to select these values in Qlik Sense and edit them in a way that also changes the entry in the excel file.
  2. Is it possible to add data or new columns to the linked file?
  3. In case adding data is possible, I would like to create a simple KPI object in Qlik Sense (e.g. manufacturing costs per minute) and save the calculated figures as a new column in the source file so that I have the cost per minute for each product directly in the excel sheet. Can I do this?

I would appreciate any help. Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Qlik is loading the data in the RAM during the script execution, after this point, there is no direct connection to the data sources.

Qlik also offers no possibility to write back data per default setup.

But there might be some extensions that could help you do what you want, for a start, have a look at

Write Back from Qlik Sense

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Qlik is loading the data in the RAM during the script execution, after this point, there is no direct connection to the data sources.

Qlik also offers no possibility to write back data per default setup.

But there might be some extensions that could help you do what you want, for a start, have a look at

Write Back from Qlik Sense

steve_br
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you very much!